Friday 13 April 2012

Essie Pastels - It's Springtime!

Hello, internet!  In the spirit of starting out in a new (and much bigger) city, I have decided to start a blog which will primarily be about my current obsession with the shopping available in said new city.  And as today was sunny and beautiful I thought I'd start with the nail polish spree I went on yesterday.  Ah, nail polish...it starts out as such an innocent purchase.  It's only $9, it's much more sensible than the $90 blouse I could be buying.  Or so I tell myself.  And then I see the new spring line from Essie, and $9 becomes $50.  Sigh...

But moving along.

I must say, I have been a die-hard dark nail polish fan for probably the last five years.  Or at least since it became acceptable to wear black nail polish in the workplace without people searching for the corresponding black lipstick and cross necklace (both of which I owned sometime during my high school years and try desperately to forget about).  I think I've gone through about four bottles of OPI Black Onyx and I really hadn't intended on abandoning the colour any time soon.  But the spring/summer trend of pastels has really intrigued me.  I'm quite pale and unfortunately pastel clothing tends to wash me out, but I though nail polish was a great way to try the trend and find some colours that were more flattering for my skin tone.  And following my new "let's try something new" outlook, I indulged in pastels from more or less the full spectrum of colour.  And they are fantastic!

What I love about Essie polishes is that the colour comes out so evenly and opaquely that they pop even against my super pale skin.  I tried Who Is The Boss last night, which is a beautiful pale blue-grey colour.  It applied very nicely, and I only needed two coats to get a finish I was quite happy with.  I'm usually quite partial to the OPI brush, but the Essie one was great for this formulation.  I plan on trying out Lilacism tomorrow as my current colour got quite chipped at work today, and I'm sure I'll have the rest on my nails by the end of the week!

I apologize for the lack of pictures.  I attempted to take a few only to find out that the battery in my SLR was dead and the lighting in my room is definitely not conducive to using my iPhone.  So, assuming I can get my camera sorted for tomorrow, I will try to add some pictures then.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment