Sunday 15 July 2012

WIN! Urban Decay De Slick

Happy Sunday, internet!  Today's WIN! product is Urban Decay De Slick Oil-control Makeup Setting Spray.  This is not a new product on the market by any means, but it's a recent discovery for me. 

Urban Decay De Slick Oil-control Makeup Setting Spray, $41.00/6oz

The past few months I've been trying out several primers as I tend to get oily skin part-way through the day and then my foundation ends up basically melting off my face.  And with the ridiculous heat we've been experiencing lately, it's just not a good look.  So, I've found a few cream/lotion primers that work well under foundation, but they just weren't cutting it under the lighter products, like my tinted moisturizer.  Yes, I know, the whole point of a tinted moisturizer is that you're not supposed to have to wear all that extra stuff like primer and powder.  But that just doesn't work for me.

So, I was in Sephora picking up a few things, and realized I was about $20 off the 500 point gift on my Sephora card.  I decided to pick up a few travel-sized products that I'd been wanting to test to make up the difference, and one of them was De Slick.  I'd heard a lot about the Urban Decay setting sprays, I know a lot of people swear by the All Nighter one, so I was excited to give this a try.  I'd also read that it's much more effective if you spray it both under and over your makeup.

I won't lie - the main reason why I hadn't tried this previously is that it's not the cheapest product on the market.  But it is definitely worth it, in my opinion.  I've tried it under all types of face makeup - foundation, BB cream, tinted moisturizer - and they all stay in place all day with this stuff!  I wouldn't say there was a huge difference compared to my regular primer for foundation, so I probably wouldn't use this for that, but it was a huge help for the tinted moisturizer.

To apply, I spritzed it 4 times over my clean and moisturized face and let it dry before applying my makeup.  I then sprayed it 4 more times after I was completely finished my makeup.  I've heard some people say it doesn't do as well overtop of powder, but it seems to work fine for me.

Long story short (too late, I know) - if you're in the market for an easy-to-use primer, give this one a try!  You can also get the travel-sized bottle for under $20 if you're not sure about it.  But if you're anything like me, you'll probably be going back to purchase the full-size within a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment