Wednesday 4 July 2012

June GLOSSYBOX!

I'm back from vacation!  Sorry, I know I was supposed to be blogging everyday I was away, but quite honestly, sitting on the dock with a beer was far more important at the time.  But I'm back now, so you can all breathe a sigh of relief.  And what did I find when I arrived home last night?  My June GLOSSYBOX!  Woo!





It's like getting a surprise birthday present, that wasn't really a surprise and I actually had to pay for...but I was still excited to see what was inside!

Here's what I got:

Biore Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser - Have skin that can't make up it's mind?  Achieve the clean you want, without disturbing natural moisture your skin needs - more balanced skin in just 2 weeks! Full size!  200mL/$9.99



Can't say I was super excited for this one.  My skin is ridiculously sensitive when it comes to cleansers and it took me quite a few years to find a good fit with the one I'm using currently.  Plus, drug store brands like Biore are notorious for having alcohol and harsh chemicals in their cleansers, which I try to avoid using.  This one might be getting passed on to one of my friends...
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreen Lotion SPF 55 - Ultra-light and fast absorbing, the voted #1 best-feeling sunscreen by Canadian Dermatologists.  Contains HELIOPLEX which provides photostable UVA/UVB protection.  88mL/$15.99



This is actually my favourite type of sunscreen and I've been using it for a few years, so I was a little disappointed to see this in my box - mainly because I'm already so familiar with the product.  But, it's a nice size to throw in my purse and I don't have any of the SPF 55 (I usually go with the 30).
Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz - Free your hair with irresistible chunky texture achieving that matte, carefree beachy hair look. Available exclusively in salons. Full size!  150mL/$16.99



This looks pretty cool, and I like any products that claim to make hair "chunky"...that makes it sounds so attractive...  Planning on trying this one out tonight, so we'll see how it performs!
Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex - Advanced micro-fillers instantly smooth the look of fine lines.  The anti-aging formula, wih a BioPeptide and B3 complex, hydrates and improves the appreance of deep lines in just 14 days!  50mL/$30.99
 

Okay, I know I just had a birthday, but I really don't think I need to be using such a heavy-duty anti-wrinkle cream.  And what the hell is BioPeptide?  I don't think I want any of that anywhere near my face.  This one is going straight to my mom for her to try.

Cover Girl Flipstick-Blendable Lip Duo - NEW!  This double ended lipcolour stick has a side for shimmer, and a side for colour.  Blend shades together to create endless lip looks.  Full size!  3.8gr/$12.50






Holy man, this is a dark colour!  I had to specify my skin tone when I signed up for this and I have no clue what they were thinking when they sent this.  No way I'd actually be able to wear it.  My mom, however, likes dark lip colours, so this one might be going to her, too.

Gillette Venus Embrace Razor - Get ready for the shave fir for a goddess.  Our first women's razor created with 5 blades hugs every curve to get virtually every hair even bikini hair.  An ultra-close shave and incredible Venus smoothness.  Full size!  1 kit/$13.43



I already have one of these, but it's kind of old, so looks like I'll be replacing it sooner than I thought!  Heck, just this alone in the box pretty much pays for the monthly fee.

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips - Pore Strips are the deepest way to clean your pores.  In just one use, you remove a week's worth of build up dirt - and it only takes 10 minutes (isn't that great?!)  8ct/$9.99

I remember using these as a teenager with my friends when we did at-home "facials" (which pretty much involved washing out face, using one of these, and a Walmart-brad face mask).  But, I still have them in my skincare regimine, because they really do make your pores feel cleaner.  Who knows whether they actually do much good, but they sure are fun, in a weird ripping-off-a-bandaid kind of way.

Overall thoughts - some good stuff, some stuff I've used, and some stuff I'll probably never try.  I'm really excited for the hair spray, and as I mentioned before, getting the razor pretty much covered this mont's cost.  So hopefully my mom appreciates the rest of this stuff! 

1 comment:

  1. I also love Neutrogena sunscreen. Maybe if I'd had this travel size in my purse, I wouldn't have this stupid burn on my shoulders from an outdoor wedding (silly me for thinking it would be indoors).
    Courtney :)

    ReplyDelete