Monday 4 June 2012

My First GLOSSYBOX!!!

I subscribed to GLOSSYBOX about a month and a half ago, and I've been (not so) patiently awaiting my first month's box to show up in the mail for the past 4 weeks.  I had read the reviews saying that the boxes almost always shipped right at the end of the month, but I couldn't help but hope that this month it might show up a little bit earlier.  Alas, here it is, June 4th, and I just picked up my May box from the mail.  I don't think I've ever been so excited to get a polka-dotted box!  Then again, I've probably never received a polka-dotted box in the mail before.




For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, GLOSSYBOX is a monthly subscription service that send out 5 sample (and occasionally full-size) products from high-end makeup/skincare/fragrance, etc. brands for $15/month.  I originally signed up for this service as a way to curb my beauty product spending.  I figured that $15 for 5 products was a pretty stellar bargain, as opposed to spending many times more than that on random products I picked up at Sephora or Shoppers Drug Mart.  (Unfortunately, it's done nothing to mollify my MAC obsession...)

The first thing I noticed about my GLOSSYBOX was how pretty it is!  I know, that seems strange, it's just a little box, but really, it's just adorable!  The outer packaging even had their polka-dot logo all over it, and the iconic blush pink box that holds the actual products is quite lovely.  I plan on keeping quite a collection of these to store my jewelry, makeup, etc.  And then the black tissue with a pink bow - how can you not get excited opening this?!


Alright, enough about the packaging, on to the good stuff!  Here's what I got in my GLOSSYBOX, including the description on the card that came in the box.

Curel Foot Cream - Significantly improve the look and feel of even the driest heels and feet with Curel Foot Therapy Cream- hydrates and softens dry, cracked feet in just 2 nights.  100mL/$3.99

This doesn't say it's a full size product, but it's a 100mL container, and if that is the sample size, it's the biggest sample I've ever seen!

Simple Eye Makeup Remover - Simple Eye Makeup Remover effectively removes even waterproof mascara.  Dermatologist tested, Opthamologist tested, Safe for sensitive eyes, contact lens users, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic.  56mL/$9.99

I'm very excited to try this product.  I actually ran out of my usual eye makeup remover last night, so this was perfect timing!  Plus the fact that it's safe for contacts and hypoallergenic is a bonus, as I do wear contacts occasionally, and I tend to have sensitive skin.

Simple Facial Wash Gel - Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel leaves your skin thoroughly cleased and revived, is a perfect blend of our purest skin-loving ingredients.  50mL/$9.99

The second product from the Simple brand (which I'm not familiar with), I'll give this one a try although I'm usually wary of changing up my facial cleanser due to the tendency I have to break out from these products.  I'm hoping the "sensitive skin" aspect will work for me - I guess we'll find out!  If nothing else, it's a great size for travelling!

Pandora's MakeUp Box Lip Gloss OR Lipstick - Pandora's Lip Glosses and Lipsticks are exceptionally formulated to apply with a creamy, non-sticky, hint of spearmint scent or vanilla.  Full Size!  each/$16.00

I think I was most excited for this product when I opened the box as I am a bit of a makeup junkie (if you didn't already know).  I immediately loved the packaging on this one (it has a rhinestone on the lid!).  I received the lip gloss in Feeling Good, and it's a really beautiful bright pinky-red - definitely something I would have picked for myself.  I actually swatched it immediately and then tried it on, so I'll include some pictures.







First impressions - I was slightly skeptical as the gloss appeared a little gooey when I opened the tube, but it applied very smoothly and wasn't sticky at all!  And it has pretty good colour payoff.  The best part is the smell!  Oh my gosh, I could eat this stuff, it smells so good!  My gloss is definitely the spearmint scent they mention in the description, and to me it smells just like Lush's Mint Julips lip scrub (for those of you who may not know what that is, it smells like a polar bear shooter - which you should try if you haven't).  Another bonus - it's made in Canada!  Then again, that might only be exciting for me...

Okay, last product.

Sebastian Professional Volupt Shampoo - Pump up the volume with Volupt shampoo from Sebastian Professional.  We wanted to give you this full size because you deserve it.  250mL of Volupt suds all for you.  Full size!  250mL/$15.78

Well thanks, GLOSSYBOX, I think I'm worth it, too!  Especially since I'm almost out of my current shampoo, and this saves me a trip to the drug store!  Hopefully it makes good on it's "volumizing" claim.  Anything that gives me big hair is great in my books!

Well, that was an incredibly long post, but hopefully you enjoyed it!  I know I enjoyed receiving my GLOSSYBOX...now I just have to wait a WHOLE MONTH for the next one!  Self restraint has never been one of my strengths...



No comments:

Post a Comment